CAPA’s 2017-2018 season will serve the arts community with a program of music composed for an intimate setting and dedicated to the performance of great music by small ensembles — classical, jazz, and blues, and much more.
In the season just ended, we learned a bit more about making the experience for YOU even better than before. Just for example, we’ll add an element of dance, more vocals and some other surprises, as well.
So, here’s another groundbreaking season for you – a season of quality, accessible cultural entertainment – all at the Wang Opera Center:
SPECTRUM: Music enjoyed in an intimate setting and featuring Naples’ most treasured musicians, including many Naples Philharmonic Orchestra players.
- Pianist Milana Strezeva & Baritone Anton Belov
- Naples Chamber Brass
- Paradise Coastmen Chorus
- Violinist Glenn Basham
- Violinist Daniela Shtereva & Classical guitarist Marco Sartor
- Apollo Trio – Ming Gao; Si-Cheng Liu; and Charis Dimaras
RISING STARS: The three RISING STARS concerts will highlight the young musicians and singers in our community who have demonstrated excellence in their field. In this series you will see advanced artists who just keep getting better – including some destined for national attention.
- Opera Naples Youth
- The Naples Philharmonic Youth Chorus
- The Naples Philharmonic Youth Jazz Orchestra
JAZZ & BLUES: This season, we will also host at the Wang Opera Center for groups comprising serious jazz musicians who cover the genre from Blues to Classic to Latin.
- Dan Heck Blues and Truth Sextet
- Jazz Simpatico – Bob Zottola group with vocalist Michelle Amato
- Dan Miller & Lew Del Gatto
- Rick Howard Quintet featuring Lynn Richardson on vocals